Tuesday 9 August 2011

Bouncing Back

So I kind of made a bit of a fib yesterday....a lie of omission if you will. I mentioned I was afraid of getting on the scale. That's true - but only because I had weighed myself the Friday I came home for my scan...and I had gained 5 pounds.

How depressing. Way to kick me when I'm already down.

But I was determined to start fresh after vacation and start fresh I did. I ate mostly clean on Sunday upon our return, and completely clean yesterday. It felt good, and while just a little hungry (or perhaps in sugar withdrawal?) was not tempted to eat grains, sugar or dairy at all.

So this morning, I decided it was time to face the music and see exactly what I was up against. I mean, I lost it once, I can lose it again, right? Sometimes that big number on the scale is the motivator you need to play it smart, right?

I was down 6 pounds, less than what I started vacation with, and almost back to my 182 I was so proud of. What a shock, and very telling. I didn't lose 6 pounds over night. The fertility meds were clearly at work as I suspected. Again, I think a huge credit goes to Paleo that I only gained a bit, and lost right away. And now that I am not allowed to take them this month, my body is having a chance to bounce back.

I fully hope and intend to take fertility drugs next cycle, so the goal this month is to hunker down, exercise correctly, eat smart and get as much weight off as I can. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment