Tuesday 12 July 2011

Day 23 - one week to go!

It seems so much longer than 23 days. I kind of feeling like I'm in the 2ww....(two week waiting after a cycle waiting to test to see if pregnant)...the first couple of days zip by unnoticed, the last 10 days dragging by.

I wonder what I am waiting for with this first magical 30 days... Do I think I will suddenly lose 50 pounds because I hit day 30? Or will I all of a sudden wake up and think, wow! I feel fabulous?

The truth is in the middle somewhere. Since I started by weight loss jouney in May, I've lost a total of 22 pound - the last 8 while eating paleo. And I am still losing on average 2 pounds a week without feeling hungry. (Deprived? yes, sometimes, I am still craving treats during certain situation...like pretzels and chocolate brownies during a my scrapbooking crop). So while I won't wake up magically smaller on day 30, I have certainly been shinking. I haven't been able to break past 188 since Noah was born, and I am now at 186.

As for feeling fabulous like so many others report.... I think I am beginning to see a glimmer. I've been visiting the Y (the gym we belong to) regularly and adding in more walks for weeks now. I've also adding weight resistance training. Usually by the point in my routine, I have to stop weights using my arms because my tendonitis always flares up. It causes excruciating pain during my day to day chores, let alone lifting weights. Now? No pain?

I keep waiting for...tentatively trying the weights, looking for the pain the following day. Nothing. Am I sore and achey from the weights? sure! But not the nerve like pain that comes with my flare ups.

While I am slightly jealous that I didn't get the overnight feeling great feeling that so many people, my husband included, have reported, I am slowly becoming a believer. I am feeling better. I don't cringe every time I pick up my two year old which means I can savor those moments that much more (I dread the day I will no longer be able to pick up my children just to hug them...already Josh is too big)

And Paleo is giving me something else too - hope and faith in myself. For the first time in many years, I actually believe I can really continue to lose more and more weight, and that I CAN DO IT. If I fall off the wagon and have a gluten free brownie at a crop (OK, I actually had three!) I can get back up again and just keep going. I CAN DO THIS. And when I order a fancy bridesmaids dress for my sister's wedding, one made for a 25 year old, I have hope I won't look ridiculous. If I continue to lose at this rate, I may actually look good in 2 1/2 months!

So seven more days to go on my first milestone. Look out dress, here I come!

1 comment: