Thursday 16 May 2013

12 little embies...

No transfer today which I frankly suspected.  The indication all along was a 5 day transfer and I feel better about that.

We didn't lose any last night, although one has only divided into 3 cells, so it will probably arrest.  The remainder are:

4 four cell
1 five cell
2 six cell and
4 eight cell

This isn't mine, but this is what an 8 cell looks like:



Was so happy to see some 8 cell in the mix. If they all make it to Sat, that means we can have three ledt over for FET tries.

They are all a grade 2.   I asked her if there was anything to indicate the quality yet, and she didn't really have a good answer for me.  I know grade 1 is the best, and grade 4 the worst, but still don't really know much other than some, not all  are starting to show signs of fragmentation.

Fragmentation is when the cells divide unevenly leaving some leftover over "junk" cytoplasm.  The higher level of fragmentation, the lower chances of pregnancy.  Anything with a grade of 3 or 4 is highly fragmented and likely won't make it to blastocyst stage.

Here's a visual on the grading:


I wish I knew more about how each one graded, but they seemed kind of busy today.  I know now what they meant by waiting on pins and needles for the embryologist report.  It's going to be a long time til Sat morning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment