Thursday 9 May 2013

Just keep swimming, swimming swimming swimming....

Any Nemo fans out there?  Remember Dory singing "just keep swimming?"  That's a little how I feel right now.  Just plodding along, taking my injections and going in every other day for blood work and ultra sounds.

This week has been uneventful, really, if you don't count the anxiety and anxiousness I keep stuffing down throughout this process.  Monday I was a bit anxious because there didn't seem to be any activity.  Those old fears came out in full force - What if it didn't work?  What if I am one of those people who don't respond?  I mean the clomid doesn't really work for me anymore, maybe these won't either?

Then Wednesday, I had a bit of an issue.  Ever have one of those mornings where you just can't do anything right?  That was me...with my Menopur - yikes!  At $70 per vial, it was not easily overlooked.  I goofed up the steps and tried to take the vial off the Q-cap before filling the syringe with the medicine, so I lost half of it.  Ended up using another vial.  Then, to make matters worse, I must not have screwed on the injection tip properly because although the needle was firmly in my belly, the medicine seemed to be slowly, actually quite liberally running down my stomach.

Double yikes!

I had blood work and another scan that morning, so I told Dr. G what had happened and thank goodness, it was no big deal.  He said it stays in your body about 36 hours, so one missed dose was OK.  After the scan, he actually said it might have ben fortuitous as those follicles had finally started to grow!  He said after seeing the blood work, he may just reduce my dosage.

That's exactly what happened.  I am down to 150 IU of Gonal-F but still the 3 vials of Menopur daily.

Side effects seem to change daily.  The dizziness and bruising is much better.  (Icing the injection point prior has helped tremendously with the pain and bruising).  But I am still fatigued is not listed as a side effect. I get headaches, my joints hurt a bit, I have a sore throat and runny  nose, my breasts and ovaries hurt and I am starting in with nausea. But none are severe enough to make me miserable.  But I am anxious to be done with this part of the process and on to retrieval.

The one concern I have (TMI alert!!!!) is that things are starting to flow down south in the girly bits.  I am clearly getting what's considered fertile Cervical mucous and of course, Rob is in Atlanta for the day and won't be back til tomorrow night.  I am hoping beyond hope that I don't ovulate between now and tomorrow, and I will ask about it.  I know in my hoard of medicines they prescribed, I have three boxes of cetrotide.  Maybe I will start this tomorrow? (yay, more shots....)

Tomorrow is another blood draw and scan.  I am hoping they will have a better idea of the retrieval which has been "guestimated" at this point, for Tuesday, 5 days from now.

And so ends cd 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment