Wednesday 15 May 2013

22....

So a lot has happened since Friday.  It's just been busy, and I'm uncomfortable and frankly, sometimes you just have to step away from all this stuff to maintian your sanity, kwim?

So Saturday, I went in for another blood draw and scan and I was greeted with "looks like we're ready to discharge you."

Huh?

Am I through?  Was the whole thing a bust after all?  No, no, thank goodness.  All that meant was,  is they thought I was ready and that I would probably have the retrieval Monday instead of Tues.  So I would get the call later to determine would I take cetrotide (don't ovulate) or Pregnyl (hcg trigger). I was hoping it was the later because frankly, I didn't want to take that big old nasty cetrotide injection again.....

As it turns out, it was the later, so while I took menopur that Sat morning, I did not take the Gonal F or Cetrotide, but rather the HCG trigger that night at 8:30 so that 36 hours later, at precisely 8:30 Monday morning, I would ovulate and they could retriece the eggs....

That trigger has always made me nervous....I mean, it is so exact...How did they know exactly at 8:30 I'd be ready?  What if I was ready at 7:30 and they missed it?  While I didn't want to take it, it was so hard not to take the cetrotide... or to call the dr and say, how about a half dose?  I had to sit back and just trust my dr.

Sunday morning I went in just for blood work.  At this point, I must share that my arms are black and blue and i look a bit like a junkie. But they wanted to make sure everything was still on track, and that there was HCG in my system.  Actually, the way she said it was, "we want to make sure you took the shot correctly?"

Huh?   (scratching my head....) I've taken how many up until now, and you want to check this one?  Hey, whatever, they're the experts!  And it was Mother's Day, and we had to stuff to do, so short appointments are always good.  Quick in and out.

So, after the Mother's Day festivities (thank you to my sweet SIL, Christine who organized a lovely barbecue with awesome food....) I packed the kids up and dropped them off at my dad's to spend the night.  We were going to have to leave at 6:45 the next morning, and they all had school.....I have a great dad who got them all where they needed to be.

And then home to NOT sleep the night before the transfer.... (does anyone I wonder?)


No comments:

Post a Comment